Thursday, February 25, 2016

Winter Weather Update

Sooooooo...  It's not spring...  *cries*
Yes, well, as much as I don't like it, this is winter in Michigan.
Yesterday a storm dumped about a foot+ of snow on us.  It's snowed from around 9:30 am yesterday and it's still going.  (I remember bc I was in the middle of Band and I have a good view of the window. BTW, I am now a chair higher than before!  4th chair!!  I was originally 6th.)
Anyway, we lost our electricity and had to pull out the generator which has turned out to be one of the best investments we've made.  ;)
You all are probably wondering "WHAT ABOUT THE EGGS?!"  The incubator went out with the electricity so they were without heat for around an hour but when my mom checked the temperature it was at 98'F which is pretty good.  We are worried that it could have killed them, but it is hopefully a very small chance.
Well, this is going to hold up everything a bit.  Tomorrow is day 18, the day we stop turning them. Then on day 21 I will try to film some of the hatching!!  It's so close!!!  I can't wait.  Luckily I made the brooder earlier in the week!!  I'll be posting some pictures and a video soon so stay tuned!  You can subscribe for email alerts if that makes it any easier for you.  Just look for it on the left side, right at the top, just below my into.
Just a suggestion mind you.  Hehe.


Stay tuned for new posts!
See you all soon!!
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment